The key to uncovering client problems and having them feel like you want to help is through better engagement.
Here are a few questions you can take into a meeting today or just pick up the phone and ask your client [not in any order but the 1st question is important]:
- tell me how are you doing personally? Is everything ok?
- what does the next 12 months look like to you?
- what do you see as your biggest roadblock over the next 12 months?
- what big burning issues do you have right now?
- how long has that been a problem for you?
- what is it costing you not to have this problem fixed?
- how crystal clear are you on how you will achieve that outcome?
- if you could wave a magic wand, what would success look like?
If you’ve never asked questions like this before, great, start now, pick one and ask at every meeting.
Until next time,